Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Life Update - Baby had his first flight!


Hey fam,

It's been a while since I sent one of these, I know. New mom-hood has a way of eating up all one's time (shocker!).

But I'm happy to report we took our first big trip/flight as a family right before Felix turned 3 months old! We went big with a cross-country flight to Vermont during peak leaf-peeping season, and he LOVED the colors (as did I).

(iridescent peacock carrier from Artipoppe, get $50 off here)

I was a little scared, since right before our overnight flight he had his first ever crying fit that we couldn't easily fix by offering a bottle. But once he fell asleep, I wore him throughout the entire flight and he sailed through it like a little champ. He slept way more than I did!

The flight home was intimidating, too. Our flight path got messed up and it turned into 2 layovers and 12 hours to get home, which he also handled well. We lucked out, too, when the longest flight had a bassinet and we happened to be in the right seat for it.

It may not always be this easy, but we were advised to travel as early as we could while he's little and sleeps this much.

Of course, we wanted to make sure he had his first immunizations and had time to build up critical immunity, which I'm happy for, since we're all sick now. C'est la vie, amiright?

But he did pretty well for an almost-3-month-old, and I'm excited for things to come.

By the way I'm on Instagram stories almost every day! Sharing how we applied for his first passport today. Coming up on the blog, expect advice on what to bring when traveling with baby, how to deal with traveling with breastmilk, TSA with a baby, and more. See you there!

Hugs,

Kristin